Wednesday, 13 February 2008

人日

Happy Birthday World~! Today is the 7th day of the Chinese New Year, traditionally known as 人日 (ren ri), the common man's birthday, the day when everyone grows one year older.

It is the day when tossed raw fish salad, yu sheng, is eaten. This is a custom primarily among the overseas Chinese in SEA, such as Malaysia and Singapore. People get together to toss the colourful salad and make wishes for continued wealth and prosperity. For many Chinese Buddhists, this is another day to avoid meat.

-source from Wikipedia.org

Well, since it's everyone's birthday, I decided to forgo the calories and treat myself to a sumptous plate of yummy chicken rice. Apparently, the chicken rice set near my office is pretty famous!!! You know, the famous $22 Chatterbox chicken rice at Meritus Mandarin? The boss of the stall used to be an ex chef at Chatterbox! Worth the 20mins wait though. I've not had chix rice in a few months! It tasted so good I finished the whole bowl of rice for the first time( I usually have half a plate of rice left over). Anyhow, I loved it. *YUMMY*

It only cost $5

**

So today's also the eve of Valentines' Day.

I was initially thinking of coming up with a "boycott" Vday entry tomorrow...

and, am still deciding on the content.

The whole "boycott" thingy was reviewing and playing in my head for the whole afternoon. I was thinking, what if I post an 'anti-vday' entry? It's gonna be hell cliched la. Why? For the very fact that I have no Valentine and without a date this year, I could easily pass off as 'a-lonely-girl-eating-sour-grapes', admiring jealously at all the happy couples out there.

AIYAH. What the heck.

Will see how my mood goes tomorrow. muahahhahaa!!!

No comments: