Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Boo.

Transformers - thumbs up. Really cool looking auto robots and they were comical in their own robotic way. haha.

Well that wasn't the main highlight last Sunday. BC had a quick dinner at Fong Seng (the famous Niqqi Prata) and someone suggested driving pass the different hostels at NUS.

Still amazed by PGP's condo-like style, none of us refused the idea of going on a "tour" to hunt for NUS's top make out spot. Prior to this article from funkygrad.com, we were bent on catching those lovebirds red-handed.

As seen in that article, Kent ridge road was long and winding and had sharp turns, the road was exceptionally smooth. It may be due to the fact that it was quite a deserted path so there were lesser cars. And PGP was quite a distance away. We turned into a carpark first. Yeap. It looks deserted from afar and there were only two cars parked on either side of the carpark. Naturally, we thought that we might catch some sizzling action going on in the car, but no such of sort. Disappointed(hell yea. c'mon we wanted action!!!), we drove out.

It kinda hit us that it was rather late already (11:15pm), but our curiousity got the better of us. We were not gonna give up halfway!!! Spotted the sign 'Kent Ridge Road' ....

me : "Eh!!! Kent ridge road leh!!! The website say its here. go go go!"
kw : "wah... so deserted... got pple actually walk up here just to make out? "
kb : " aiyah just drive in la... see see lor..."
kevin : "steep road. slowly hor kw."






As you can see from my humble illustration, the grey "thingy" on the road is a thick metal chain that was used to block off unauthorized vehicles. Since it was already broken, we weren't exactly trespassing.

"oh my god! Danger sign leh!!!" (kb)
"how how? want to drive up anot?" (kw)
"already here liao... just go lah... can always drive down again ma if anything.. moreover there is no one" (me)
"you all sure? looks... i dunno how to say.." (kevin)

We were making hell alot of noise in the car contemplating whether to drive up or just go... the clutch was released and we found ourselves venturing into unsafe zone...

The car,us and time seemed to have stood rooted to the ground.

*silence*


*silence*


*silence*


1 min passed.

The houses on the hilltop are abandoned...like the old colonial style houses we heard of in those haunted series by Russell Lee. Picture that and the 1 min of silence we had in the car. We literally froze to our seats. I'm usually quite skeptical about the world of the other side, but at that instant, even the strong hearted me gave in to the dead spooky night. By then,I was damn scared. I swear the rest were shaking too.


kb : "kw turn out now. NOW!!!"
me: *silent*
kevin : "be careful! dun kan qiong.. the road damn steep."
kw: "HOW! OH MY GOD! CANNOT REVERSE!! "
me: "SLOWLY!! I help you see from this side. GO NOW GO!!!"


We finally got the car out of that danger zone after much difficulty, and got back to the dark winding road.

There were lots of "oh my god, ghost, scary can, i can't believe, scared the shit out of me, wt* was that!, make out spot my ass" going on in our screams.

That was not it.

Again, playing with fire, we saw another "no trespassing" sign on one of the roads and drove up. Perturbed still by the previous scare, I seriously had no idea why we were pumped up to "try again". This time, the image of couples making out were all gone. We wanted more than just the hot raunchy sex. We wanted to bump into the unspoken of.

Well, we did. At least I did.

*discretion. I decided to not blog about whatever happened after that.*

kevin: "did anyone notice that there are alot of red paper tags on the trees?"
kw :" kevin you shut up first. Go main road than say."
me : "i did. it's like a marking. I saw it."
kb : "eh you all dun scare yourself leh... nothing one la!"
kw: "DIE LIAO LA. What if my night walk is here???"

Speed of 110km/hr, we drove out of Kent Ridge and out of NUS.

That night, I had a dream of the long winding road and the house number. Flashes of the broken boards on the floor...Kent Ridge House no 1, no 2,no 3. I heard someone whisper numbers. I told them about the number I heard and am still thinking whether I should go and buy 4D.

But what if, it's a bad omen?

No comments: