Thursday, 3 April 2008

Blues blah-ism.

I'm starting to feel like I'm a drifter in this dog-eat-dog society. Contract at the old company is up and thus I have been at home for the past week sending resumes. Basically my daily routine is : youtube-ing into wee hours of the morning and then rise and shine at unearthly timings like 3 in the afternoon. I'll take my shower, have my cranberry cereal for brunch and start on my TV marathon. I TV-surf from Ellen Degeneres to News 5 to my favourite local Chinese Drama at 9pm. You can say I'm kinda jobless now with only tuition being my main source of income. Also, I've not been hanging out with anyone since I got back from BKK besides meeting up with Bestie for coffee at gardens. Personal issues at home is turning me into hermit the crab(is there such a phrase?). I started growing lazy bones and am not replying smses/refusing to pick up unknown incoming calls.

It's horrifying to know that I do, in fact, enjoy this solitude. Fuckalingling . I re-read the whole chunk and I see a total loser in the making. *grunts* Well, get use to it. It's just one of my another eccentric personality.

Anyway, optimistic stuffs. =)

I went for an interview on Monday and the agent, who claims to be a head hunter (am still unsure of how did he get my contact. Don't recall sending my resume to any recruitment firm.) fixed me up for a 2nd round interview on Thursday with the HR director. It's a reputable listed foreign company and the office is right smack on the 17th floor of Odeon Towers. Yup, that's where The Loof ( a bar/chill out place) is located. Although I am not exactly happy with the working hours as the job requires me to do shift work, it all bogs down to $$$. I would say that the salary is substaintial enough for me to forgo my precious weekends. Now now, don't start pitying me alright. I know I've always been very true to my 'saturdays-die-die-also-won't-work' policy but as the adage goes : Money makes the world go round.

I'm ashamed to admit this. But it's true. Money now makes my little world go round.

I wouldn't go into gruesome details on why am I so hard up for ching-chings here on cyberspace though. To set the record straight, I ain't some cheap bitch who'll do anything for money(if you know what I mean). I'm thinking of the things I can do with money if I take up this job. I can pay off bills/debts and also help out with the finances at home. Right, you may proclaim me as a material girl but I like to see myself living comfortably with no monetary issues whatsoever. With extra extra savings, I would have more than 1K for BKK end of the year, feed my atas dream of owning a Chanel Classic, get my driving license and maybe even throw in a Nintendo Wii for Christmas'08. But of course, beside all these luxury stuffs, most importantly, my resolution for this year is to not be a poor undergrad.

I hope next year arrives soon. By then, everything will be ok. My worries will only be scoring As and how to top the cohord.

For now, I shall persevere.


Aza Aza Fighting! Fighting!!!

**
Boys may come and boys may go
And that's all right you see
Experience has made me rich
And now they're after me
'Cause everybody's

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

- Material Girl by Hilary and Haylie Duff

No comments: