Wednesday, 2 January 2008

2008 is the Year of the Rat.

Finally. After a 2 day wee morning marathon on A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, I completed the last drama-mama episode.

I was procrastinating blogging an entry for the new year, because I don't know where or how should I start...

In 2007,
I attended the concert of the year - Rain's World Tour.
I had the most unforgettable 22nd birthday.
I blushed on hearing a song composed specially for me.
I illegally drove around the neighbourhood.
I celebrated Valentine's Day with 3 guys.
I cruelly broke a heart.
I made many new lovely friends.
I went to so many places I've never been before.
I caught a beautiful sunset.
I was the happiest girl.
I adopted my first pet hamster and named him Peach.
I got my heart broken by a boy I affectionately called love.
I felt my world crumble down and cried like I never cried before.
I selfishly thought of ending my life.
I lied alot.
I went through an emotional roller coaster ride with my BFF.
I saw my best friend tear right in front of me.
I watched Gwen Stefani live at Kallang's Indoor Stadium.
I conquered Nicoll Highway by feet.
I bonded with Bunchie.
I fell out with a friend.
I shared a dark secret.
I ate mooncakes and lit up lanterns at West Coast Park.
I partied at Zouk during Halloween.
I nearly snipped off my long hair and dyed it pink.
I attended a wedding and was one of the jie meis.
I voted Stardust as movie of the year.
I had a virgin attempt in baking cheesecake and cooked cha jjang myeon for bunchie.
I buried dearest Peach.
I aced my last two modules and officially completed my course of study.
I took up inline skating.
I fell and bleed countless of times.
I prayed for the tragedy of 5 dragon boaters.
I went camping on Christmas Eve and ate my very first log cake.
I tore a precious photo.
I taught Creative Writing for my very first tuition assignment on New Year's Eve.
I received a new year greeting from a very unexpected person - my dad.
I had a peaceful countdown at home with me, myself and I.

Not once did I regret any decision made or anything that happened in 2007. I am thankful for everything and everyone who crossed my path.

This time, I forgo listing out any new year resolution. Let fate play its part and I'll take things as it comes, be it good or bad.

Happy 2008. May this upcoming year be showered with bountiful surprises. Stay pinky healthy and fill your days with lots of smiles. loves. =)

No comments: