Tuesday, 18 September 2007

breakup

What "lies" beneath.


"So four weeks later I asked him again, and he said he still didn't know. (Clearly,he had put about as much thought into this as every other aspect of our relationship.) Well, that's an answer,right? Not caring enough to even think about it seems like an answer, doesn't it? If you wanted to be with me,it would cross your mind to think about it. If you wanted to be with me, you'd do whatever it took to make it work. If you wanted to be with me,you'd know. You'd know. For years I thought "I don't know" and "I don't know if I can" were words that meant what they said. But from the moment I knew... "I don't know" means NO! "I don't know" means I'm too cowardly to tell you the truth because I can't deal with confrontation. "I don't know" means please do the dirty work for me because I don't want to hurt your feelings even more than I already have."

-adapted from It's called a BreakUp because it's Broken

True isn't it? Sounds familiar to me.



Why do some of us choose to deny it ? is it dumb or plain stupidly in love?

No comments: