Wednesday, 26 March 2008

The other side of me.




Poem: "Crying" by Galway Kinnell

*

Tears are far more beautiful than anything that you have with you, because tears come from the overflow of your being. Tears are not necessarily of sadness; sometimes they come out of great joy and sometimes they come out of great peace and sometimes they come out of ecstasy and love. In fact they have nothing to do with sadness or happiness. Anything that stirs your heart too much, anything that takes possession of you, anything that is too much, that you cannot contain and it starts overflowing — that brings tears.

Accept them with great joy, relish them, nourish them, welcome them, and through tears you will know how to pray.

Through tears you will know how to see. Tear-filled eyes are capable of seeing truth. Tear-filled eyes are capable of seeing the beauty of life and the benediction of it.

-The Diamond Sutra

*

Nothing beats being under warm showers when at my most vulnerable self. When the whole world seemed to have taken a step back upon me, I know I am safe and I know I can be comforted in that little humble corner of mine. The warmth of the trickles sometimes hides those empowering tears but sometimes it doesn't. And it's really ok because I want to cry. I have to sob. I know I can let my guard down and cry my heart out. ;'(

**

“No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise for the writer, no surprise for the reader.”

~Robert Frost

No comments: