Wednesday, 19 September 2007

friends.

Ponderism.

I don't know what to say today. Well, not exactly. More of I've got lots of stuff on my mind and I don't know how to start. hah.

Let's start with saying HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!

It's midweek. YAY.

3 more hours to collecting the frock.
4 more hours to eat eat eat.
2 days to lantern festival gathering with the bunch.
3 days to the wedding.
4 days to Lazy Sunday.

Fortunately, I'm only playing a minor role as one of the 'jie meis'. Imagine if it was Charlene's or Theo's wedding. ohmygawd.

Anyways,

I was telling the boys on msn last night how much I treasure their friendship. *awww* Yea and if there was an option to have your guy friends as bridesmaid as well, they are top on my list.

Well you all know, people come and go. In every chapter of your life, you meet different people and make new friends.Some friends are just a passing phase,while some stay forever. If you haven't noticed,we all have our different cliques in certain point of our lives. We have our secondary school friends who saw us grew up from a teenager to now what's become a young adult. Our JC/Poly friends who went through the teenage phase... mugging for A's, rushing projects,BGR and sorts. Not forgetting our temp job buddies during those term breaks whom we had lots of fun with. And then, some of our friends goes on to the Universities...some begins National Service and some enter the dog-eat-dog working society.

pause.

Now, think about it. How many friends have you made throughout these few chapters of your life. Many many many friends right? But, how many "survive" as your true blue friend until today? I'm talking about someone(bf/gf not included) who is willing to share your tears and joy, accept your flaws, nag when it's necessary and be there for you whenever there is a need to. My point being here is that everyone needs at least one best best friend. Because at the end of the day,when you need someone to talk to, it's not your gazallion friends from Friendster or your sassy, fun-loving lecture mates or your clubbing kakis who will be there for you. Nope, not even your partner. What if you wanna rant about him/her?

Hard it is in maintaining a relationship and same goes to keeping a friendship going. It's not just about storing their numbers in your mobile and go "Oh! I have XXX contact. We can meet up over coffee for some catching up". To me, it's more than just meeting up for a simple chat. You need spice+care+bitching+concern+retail therapy+laughters+hugs+lame jokes+profanities+nagging all together to keep a strong bond with a friend whom you think is worthy of your love.

Nevertheless,what I'm trying to say is that even though each and everyone of us move on to different chapters of our lives, I believe certain friends shouldn't be forgotten. Without the past, there wouldn't be a present you. Think of friends who made an impact in your lives for they are the ones who somehow played a part in who you are today. Cherish your current friends and go the extra mile to keep the bond. You'll never know when one of them decides to be your best friend forever.

I'm glad I kept some nice friends. =)

p/s : I'm craving for HK gary's french toast and Xin Wang's Puo Lo Bao( w/o the pineapple ). boOOoo.

No comments: